About Me

Just a girl living life, enjoying movies and music and the quiet.

March 31, 2008

Secret of Lost Things by Sheridan Hay


I loved the beginning of this book but almost didn't finish it after an incident in the book. I'm glad that I did and overall I loved the book. Especially the quotes listed below.

"Our business is to find homes for books with the hope that they will be loved as we have loved them. My heart is broken every day I make a sale; then renewed again by the arrival of an unexpected replacement...after nearly fifty years my relationship to books remains mysterious to me, but I know from my own collection that ownership is the most intimate tie we can have to objects."
Page 112.

"Reality is as thin as paper, girl," said Pearl, shaking her head. "I thought that was one thing you did know, what with an imagination like yours-as thin as paper, and as easily torn."
Page 137

A book was like a drawer: one opened it and notions flew out.
Page 144

All we are not stares back at what we are.
Page 218

No comments: