About Me

Just a girl living life, enjoying movies and music and the quiet.

April 18, 2008

My Year of Reading Dangerously=April Book

My book this month was the Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.

I had picked it up a few times and started reading it, I even bought my own copy but discovered that I don't like the feel of the book club quality paper.
This time, I listened to it. I loved it. I started with the abridged version, switched to the unabridged as as soon as it arrived through ILL. I loved it. It was wonderful. There was so much I was missing with the abridged! I didn't listen much farther than I had read before, so that was good. I finished the unabridged on Wednesday and just loved it. The epilogue was odd, but I loved the book.
Can you tell that I loved it? I do think that it would not make a good movie, they would have to cut too much out or it would end up really boring like the Da Vinci Code. That was a boring movie.

No comments: