About Me

Just a girl living life, enjoying movies and music and the quiet.

August 05, 2008

Happy Birthday, Marilyn Monroe!

So, you may not know this, but I have a particular fascination with Marilyn Monroe. I even did a speech about her life when I was in high school...I think it has to do with her mysterious death and tragic life.
Anyway, in honor of her birthday, I shall blog about my favorite of her films. :-}
My very favorite:
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
Marilyn and Jane Russell are performers who set out on a cruise to Europe. Jane's job is to keep Marilyn pure until she marries her millionaire boyfriend. Unfortunately, Piggy comes along with his diamond tiara and diamonds are a girls best friend.

My other favorite: How to Marry a Millionaire
Three women set out to find eligible millionaires to marry, but find true love in the process. Marilyn plays Pola Debevoise, a beautiful girl who thinks that her glasses make her undesirable to men. She ends up walking into strange places, even boarding the wrong flight! Fortunately, that works out to her benefit.

No comments: