About Me

Just a girl living life, enjoying movies and music and the quiet.

November 03, 2006

Guy Fawkes and Bonfire Night

This is the weekend of Bonfire night. Remember remember the 5th of November. We're actually going to a bonfire on the 4th, but hey, whose counting when you get to have a big fire? They're going to burn an effigy of Guy Fawkes. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I wonder what they think of the terrorist plan to blow up parliament.
While I think that it is good to question authority, they were a bit out of line trying to blow up parliament.
Speaking of Guy Fawkes, I highly recommend V for Vendetta. Tis a very interesting film. They bring up some interesting ideas about fear.


Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, twas his intent
To blow up king and parliament.
Three score barrels were laid below
To prove old England's overthrow.

By God's mercy he was catched
With a dark lantern and lighted match.
Holler boys, holler boys, let the bells ring
Holler boys, holler boys, God save the King.

No comments: